Personal Data Definition
Personal data refers to any information capable of describing or being associated with an individual. This also includes data that indirectly conveys information about an individual. In this policy, personal data is defined as any information allowing BESV to identify you.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
BESV processes personal data with the aim of delivering services or information voluntarily provided by the concerned individuals. This includes contact details and other personal information necessary for the provision of products and services, information filled out on contact forms or web forms, information provided during conversations, and personal data available on public websites or obtainable from public registers, such as land registers or the Chamber of Commerce’s trade register.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The processing of personal data by BESV is based on one or more of the following principles:
– Consent: BESV may process your personal data because you have granted permission for this processing. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
– Contractual Agreement: If you or your company have entered into an agreement with BESV or wish to enter into an agreement for the supply of products and services, BESV will process the necessary personal data to execute this agreement.
– Legal Obligations: Your personal data is also processed to comply with legal obligations. Various legal provisions mandate the processing and retention of personal data.
– Legitimate Interest: BESV processes your personal data if it has a legitimate interest in doing so and if the processing does not disproportionately infringe upon your privacy.
– To Protect the Safety of the Concerned Individuals: BESV may process your personal data to protect your safety.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
BESV will only share your personal data with third parties to the extent necessary to provide services in accordance with the aforementioned objectives. This may include entering into a contract or engaging another party on behalf of and under the instructions of BESV, such as delivery services and suppliers.
BESV places high importance on the security and protection of your personal data and handles it responsibly. If BESV employs the services of third parties, BESV will establish contracts outlining the necessary security measures for the protection of personal data.
Data Retention Period
BESV will retain your personal data only for the duration necessary for the aforementioned objectives and in accordance with the required laws and regulations on data processing. The maximum retention period is two years.
Under the new GDPR privacy legislation, you have certain rights when your personal data is processed:
– Access: You have the right to request which personal data BESV processes and to view this data.
– Correction or Addition: You have the right to submit a request to correct or complete incorrect or incomplete personal data.
– Data Erasure: You have the right to request BESV to erase the processed personal data concerning you.
– Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request BESV to restrict the processing of personal data if you believe it is unnecessary for BESV to process certain details of your data.
– Data Portability: You have the right to obtain an overview of the data that BESV processes about you and to transfer this data to another entity.
– Objection: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data.
Darfon Europe B.V. is the data controller as per Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation. This means that Darfon Europe B.V. is responsible for processing your personal data by BESV. BESV is a brand and a trade name of Darfon Europe B.V. (Chamber of Commerce number: 61951064) and is located at Habraken 2145 A in (5507 TE) Veldhoven, Netherlands.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this privacy statement. You can reach us by phone at 040-3031600 or send us an email at email@example.com or use the contact form on our website www.besv.eu.